You know you think about it, probably even have conversations with your partner or lifestyle friends about it.
How to last longer or even just feel horny more often.
No matter who you are or how often you want it or get it, you either want it more or want to take care of yourself so that you can last longer.
I have met a lot of people within the lifestyle and one thing I notice is that most people are not afraid to show off their body, there just aren’t as many hang ups about showing off your goods at a party or club or even takeover vacation! I think also, that couples within the community tend to take better care of themselves overall. I have talked to men who live off of pineapple so that their sperm tastes better (have you tried that yet?). I have yet to meet a man or woman within the lifestyle that wasn’t groomed well. So, if you are taking care of your body on the outside, and pretty much on the inside, why not think about foods that can make you hornier or last longer.
I plan to be a member of this community for as long as possible as most of my friends do as well. And if I can add a few things to my diet to make sure I want to have sex for as long as possible, I’m totally going to do that too!
Try adding a few of the following foods to your diet and see if it helps. It couldn’t hurt, unless you are allergic to these items, and if you are you should totally find another way! Worst case you try something new and you get the added benefits of the vitamins found in these foods.
Sex-drive boostin’ libido superfoods:
- Celery: considered an excellent food to ramp up sexual stimulation. The reason being that it boosts a powerful substance known as androsterone – an odorless hormone released through male perspiration. ‘Yuck’ I hear you. Well, this is one of those kind of sweats that has that strange effect on women…the same effect that I understand a dozen red roses and a bottle of champagne has (apparently).
- Maca: this is a less common food, but is no less potent. Having only recently been introduced to the Western world you will be forgiven for not finding it in your local 7-11. I had not heard of this until very recently when it was hailed as Nature’s Viagra . Like anyone else, this claim made me curious. According to some it is believed to improve sexual performance, the frequency with which people desire sex and can be effective in increasing sperm count! Not only that, but guys should expect an increase in testosterone, a helping hand in any fight against erectile dysfunctions and impotency and it also makes you feel younger. Fear not ladies – for women, maca is reknowned for increasing sex-drive and fertility!
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which is important in testosterone production for men and also helps to sustain sexual desire in women. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in the essential fatty acid omega 3, which acts as a precursor of prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that play a key role in sexual health. Word on the street is that a diet rich in pumpkin seeds will enhance potency, drive and fertility.
- Saurkraut: An unlikely inclusion, but a vital key in unlocking your libido according to the headteacher-like Scottish diet guru Gillian McKeith has deemed sauerkraut sexy, citing a U.S. study that reported 90 percent of men were more “active” after eating it. Not as saur or krauty as you though eh?!
- Bananas: Help to boost male libido largely due to the presence of the enzyme ‘bromelain’ . Bananas are also a good source of B vitamins like riboflavin and potassium, which increase the body;s total energy levels. However, they are also very rich in potassium and B vitamins, which are vital for sex-hormone production!
- Almonds: Almonds are another major source of essential fatty acids. Almonds provide the basis for the healthy production of male hormones that are important in regulating sex-drive (among other things obviously!). The smell of almonds is found to arouse passion in females.
- Avocado: A super-alkaline food, the Aztecs called the avocado tree ahuacatl or “testicle tree.” Interesting fact. Avocado helps to increase both male and female libido. As it contains very high levels of folic acid, it assists in metabolizing proteins, thus providing you more energy – which is obviously good all around. Avocado also features vitamin B6 (a nutrient which improves male hormone production) and potassium (which helps to regulate a woman’s thyroid gland).
- Asparagus: It is not only the ever-so-slightly suggestive shape of asparagus that acts as a libido booster – asparagus also happens to be very high in vitamin E, which has long been thought of as ‘the sex vitamin’. The Vegetarian Society suggests “eating asparagus for three days for the most powerful affect”.
- Chilies: may heat up your sex life too, due to capsaicin, the substance that gives kick to peppers, curries and other spicy foods. Triggering the release of endorphins, capsaicin is therefore a feelgood chemical for your brain! It also stimulates nerve endings and raises your heart rate. IMPORTANT: if you chop the chilies yourself – make sure you wash your hands thoroughly.
- Basil: apparently basil increases circulation, stimulates the sex drive and boosts fertility! It is also said to produce a general sense of well being for body and mind. But most curiously of all, its scent is supposed to drive us wild! In fact, basil oil was once employed by Mediterranean prostitutes as a perfume to attract customers! Pesonally, the scent of basil makes me want to drive to the nearest Italian restaurant, but that’s just me.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is an nicely aromatic spice. In many cultures it is viewed as an intensely powerful aphrodisiac and also beneficial in treating impotence (mix with maca for some ‘interesting results’). It is high in cineole, which can increase blood flow in certain important areas!
- Figs: rather crudely, some sources suggest that figs work as an aphrodisiac because of their appearance being similar to certain sex organs, but not I. Figs are very high in amino acids, which are critical to increasing your libido and boosting sexual stamina.
- Garlic: bad on the breath but good on the sex drive. Maybe this is one for long-term couples who don’t have as much worry over little matters such as garlic-breath (as long as you both munch it, you’ll be OK). Garlic contains high levels of allicin, a compound that can improve blood flow to the sexual organs. But note – don’t just munch on big cloves of raw garlic! Allicin is only produced once garlic has been chopped as it is produced through an enzyme reaction. As a bonus, allicin is also has great anti-fungal properties (not that I am suggesting anything of course…)